Monday, May 14, 2012

Old Wives Tales... Am I having a boy or a girl?





I decided (just for fun) to take a gender quiz based on old wives tales... 

  1. If you're carrying high it's a girl, if you're carrying low it's a boy (I don't know if I'm caring high or low... I think I'm right in the middle) = null
  2. 140+ heats per minute it's a girl, below 140 beats it's a boy (Last check baby's heartbeat was around 170) = girl
  3. Craving sugar it's a girl, craving salty or sour it's a boy (Well I've always been one to crave salt, but lately I do have more of a sweet tooth) = girl
  4. Chinese birth chart, takes your age at conception and the month you conceived (32 + 12) if the number is even it's a boy, if it's odd it's a girl = boy
  5. OK this one is weird, and I'm skipping it.... pee in a cup, mix a tablespoon of drano in it and watch to see if it changes colors.  Green it's a girl, blue it's a boy. = null
  6. Mayan legend, takes your age at conception and the year of conception, if they are both even it's a girl, if one is even and the other is odd it's a boy ( 32, 2011) = boy
  7. If you're breaking out, it's a girl - they tend to take their mother's beauty.  I've always been prone to breakouts! = null
  8. Take off your wedding ring, tie it to a string and hang it over your belly.  If it swings in a circle, it's a boy.  If it swings back and forth, it's a girl. I'll have to come back to this one!
  9. Morning sickness it's a girl, little or no morning sickness it's a boy = boy
Looks like I've got 2 points for girl, 3 points for boy.

We'll see how accurate these old wives tales are come September ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment