Thursday, May 23, 2013

Editing myself

I haven't blogged in a while.  And even when I do, I use little words.  Mostly because I am too self conscious when I am writing this blog.  I think I have forgotten why I originally started this whole venture into blogging.  I figured it would help me document the small and large moments in my life.  Something that I, and possibly my children look back on.  The idea that moments are fleeting but once documented, that somehow those moments are given life!   I kept a journal as a kid, and I find that I actually put pen to paper so little these days.  But I am usually always connected, connected to my smartphone, to social media.   But lately, I either don't write or I write and don't post it.  I suppose I too judgmental of myself, and scared of being judged by others.  My writing is at best, scattered thoughts.  I don't use the proper punctuation, and am the queen of run on sentences.  So, I have to ask myself, is this really about my writing?  Or is about telling my story!  The blogs that I enjoy the most, read like a conversation with a friend telling me about whats happening in their life at the moment, and what's on their mind.  And for me, I want this blog to be a conversation with myself.  A dialogue with me about my life!  Something that, sure, I hope other's enjoy and identify with.  But mostly, I want someday to read this girl's blog and truly feel that I get a sense of who she was/ is!  So, if you're out there... I hope you enjoy it!  And if you don't, just pass on by.  Either way, this isn't for you - it's for me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment