Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Letters to Baby, 36 weeks

Dear Baby,
You have grown in my belly for 9 months now!!!  At first it was hard to imagine you growing inside me, but as you've gotten bigger and bigger I can feel your movements and it tickles me with delight!  I can feel you twisting your body around, the little kicks of your legs and feet and the movements of your hands!  I imagine you sucking your thumb, or grasping at the umbilical cord!  You are so active!  I imagine we will have our hands quite full with all of your energy!
Your daddy and I don't know for sure, but we think you are a little boy!  The ultrasound measurements appear to reveal that you are built like your daddy, with a long torso and shorter legs!  You weighed 4 lbs 14 oz a little over a week ago.  I think you are well over 5 lbs now!  The ultrasound images look like you have your mama's nose, and your daddy's full lips with your mama's shape!
While we think you are a boy, we will be just a thrilled if you are a girl!  Your daddy is already thinking of all the things he will show and teach you.  He can't wait to take you to Table Mountain for the yearly astronomy event!  We look forward to camping trips, and day hikes, taking you to the places we love and discovering new places with you!
We have your nursery almost completely setup.  We have lots of books that we can't wait to read to you!  There are plenty of toys for you to play with!  As well as pals to hang with (Sabrina has already taken quite a liking to your room, we find her curled up in blankets next to your crib)!
We already love you so much, as does your entire family!  We are all so excited and awaiting your arrival!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment