Monday, July 16, 2012

32 weeks

How far along:  32 Weeks
Baby's size: About 19 inches, 4.5 lbs!  The size of a honeydew melon!
Sleep: same o same... up a few times in the night.  Baby's movements are more and more noticeable and may be waking me a few more times than usual.
Maternity Clothes:  maxi dresses, skirts mostly
Food cravings:   fruits mostly
Food aversions:  doing good, still liking foods :-)
Symptoms I have: I've had a few times where I've felt very short of breathe.  As baby has started getting bigger and moved more up in my abdomen towards my lungs, I'm having a hard time getting a good full breathe of air.  A few times it's caused me to have a panic attack :(  Not fun!  Z has been really good about calming me down, rubbing my back or feet to try and distract me.  Laying on my left side seems to help (suggested position for best oxygen flow for you and baby).  Also got some great tips from the other ladies at our birthing class - lay more upright, get into an all four position (drops baby away from lungs), do the alphabet game - a is for apple, b is for baby - when in the midst of a panic attack to refocus attention.
Doctor’s Appointment:  Next OB appt on the 20th (Z will have to miss this one as he'll be up on the mountain astro hunting!), and ultrasounds scheduled for 7/27!!!!  We'll get a better idea of exactly how big baby is at this point!
Movement: Baby is very active still.  As baby has gotten bigger I can feel more of the changing positions, sometimes seeing my belly roll, or that baby is positioned all on one side (usually my right side)  It both awesome and freaky to watch!!!
Belly Button:   still an innie.. mostly!  I keep waiting for the full pop out... we'll see if it happens!
Gender:  the great mystery!!!
What I’m looking forward to:   Seeing baby on the next ultrasound!!!
What I miss:   sleeping through the night still!!!  breathing comfortably!

No comments:

Post a Comment